Rediscover Indy during AMTA 2019 National Convention
One of the fastest-growing cities in the Midwest, Indianapolis is in the midst of a boom. Come to AMTA 2019 National Convention, and stay for the flourishing culinary and brewing scene, thriving cultural institutions, and cool neighborhoods. Picture yourself in Indy!
Where to eat
Plenty of options for foodies, and people who just like good food, Indianapolis has a little of everything. Here are a few options close to the Indiana Convention Center and the AMTA Convention Hotel:
1. Head to Sugarfire for barbeque
2. Find breakfast and lunch basics plus coffee at Café Patachou
3. Please the whole group with the City Market
Fall in Indy means beautiful weather and color. Get outside for some fresh air, while you’re there. Here are a few ways to explore the fall colors around the city:
1. White River Garden State Park – right in the center of the city. The park is home to the Indianapolis Zoo, Botanic Gardens and the Canal Walk.
2. Visit Monument Circle and see just a handful of the monuments that dot the city. Indianapolis is second only to Washington, DC in monuments and memorials.
3. Walking or biking the Monon Rail Trail or the Indianapolis Cultural Trail will take you through Indy neighborhoods, connecting you through downtown and residential areas. The Indiana Pacers Bike Share system can help you get from one trail to another.
What to do with the family
Go beyond the parks and trails and check out some of the museums Indianapolis is known for. Here are just a few ideas:
1. Sports fans will want to be sure to hit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum and the NCAA Hall of Champions.
2. Kids of all ages will get lost in The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis with dinosaurs, Spaceship Earth, sports experiences and so much more.
3. History buffs should check out the interactive Indiana State Museum, the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site, and the Indiana State Capitol.
Learn More about Convention
What Previous Attendees Have to Say
“Awesome convention, made awesome connections and met many new friendly people.”
“Thank you to all of the teachers for their passion, energy, generous knowledge and humor.”
“Excellent classes, presenters, and vendor hall.”